As I sit down to start writing, I noticed the sky darkening and low and behold, a snow squall has begun. Spring in New England. Yet, signs of real spring are appearing. The crocuses along the side of the house are up (and I'm sure shivering now) and we grilled outside this past week, overlooking the glacier that is our backyard (these first two pictures were taken within minutes of each other).
The big news around the house at the moment remains the kitchen renovation. Progress has been slow but steady. Wall tile is gone, dry wall has been skim coated (where possible), wall paper has been stripped throughout most of the kitchen (thank you Dan) and the new dishwasher and hood have arrived. The new cupboards and bookshelf for the "pass through" are in place and I think it will accomplish what we need (some storage, counter space, and a visual connection between the back room and the kitchen). Things progressed quick enough that we did not change our migratory pathways and thus will not miss the walk through space.
This next week the real fun begins. The counter tops will be removed along with the sink and the template for the new counters will be made on Wednesday. We've got our dinners planned (along with a nice invitation from Jobea) and so I do not think it will be TOO bad.
And then there is the color.....yesterday I brought home four color swatches that are in fact the same color (yes, slightly more yellow, slightly more brown, but come on, the same color). So I think we are in the ball park. We thinking something in the creamy shades of white, making the kitchen bright even when the snow flies in March.
As I sign off, I must acknowledge my co-writer - MauMau - who keeps the office chair warm in my absence.
2 comments:
Love the bookshelves, didn't realize that was on the plan. Are you sure you don't want to go with more color instead of a warm white wall? How do you feel about purple?
I'm very envious of your kitchen!
Let me see what Dan says about the purple idea.....
Post a Comment