Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Time!



Good morning - Happy Easter & Passover!


It is hard to believe how rapidly time is passing. While still chilly here in the Northeast, the early spring flowers are popping out and the first of the flowering bushes are starting to bloom. Our classes end on April 27 (yikes) and so there is a flurry of activity in classrooms and labs.

No matter where we have lived, spring (and the spring holidays) generate that feeling of a new beginning. While the challenges we face will still be there tomorrow morning, somehow they seem more surmountable. The spring days are becoming noticeably longer making it seem like I have more time (and certainly more energy).

Part of the new beginning are the ever changing days of the season; cold, warm, wet, dry. New flowers are appearing in the garden on almost a daily basis. And speaking of new beginnings, change and challenges, how wonderful to have a presidential president in the White House!

We close with warm wishes for the spring holidays and a feelings of excitement and hope - may you have a wonderful spring day.




3 comments:

Johanna said...

Lovely sentiments! What is that white flower with the bee? We pretty much have yellow daffodils so far, am looking forward to some variety as I saw a few very immature tulip buds this morning.

Here's to new beginnings!

The Old Red House said...

That flower was here when we moved in. Always up early in the spring and I've always considered it an Erythronium sp.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice Easter! I love the renovation pictures. It's so nice that I have actually been to your house so I can remember the before...and look forward to the pictures of the after!