Monday, March 2, 2009

In like a lion?


Who knew I would be taking next year's Christmas picture on March 2? I thought I might have the wreaths down last week (the first time enough snow had melted to make my way over to the wreaths), but alas.



The snow started around 9:00 pm last night and has continued through the day. Public schools were cancelled and luckily we're currently on Spring Break (somewhat ironic?). I accomplished several tasks yesterday and just relaxed today. One more round of shoveling and we should be done (still snowing as I write).




How much snow? I don't have my final "Humbert-scale" measure but I'm guessing 10-12 of light fluffy stuff. There is still a touch of spring in the air. I know there are bulbs emerging in the garden under the blanket of snow. The birds have been actively feeding at the feeder despite the ski-lodge like coating of snow.


It was hard to tell from a distance, but there was a faint yellow color on this dining guest. Perhaps a goldfinch? A harbinger of spring to come, someday.


1 comment:

Johanna said...

Love the ski-lodge bird feeder. Don't love the snow.

Now, c'mon, surely you have a bottle of wine around there somewhere to measure the depth with??!!